It is the mission of the South Strabane Fire Department to deliver, in a highly competent and professional manner, a combination of proactive and reactive fire, rescue and emergency services that will provide the highest possible degree of protection to South Strabane residents and their property from the hazards and dangers of modern society.
To accomplish its mission, the South Strabane Fire Department is a Combination Department that consists of volunteer and career firefighters working together to serve residents and businesses. The Department responds to over 700 incidents per year and is involved in fire prevention activities and working with a variety of local businesses to fulfill the requirements of our annual fire inspection program.
South Strabane Volunteer Fire Department #1 was established in 1956 with a station located at 1696 East Maiden Street, in the small community named Pancake. Later, in 1960, South Strabane Volunteer Fire Department #2 was established on Oak Spring Road near the intersection of Locust Avenue and Oak Spring Road. On January 1, 2005 the two departments merged to become one chartered organization.
The South Strabane Fire Department will continue to commit an all out effort to train and grow with the same fast pace as our community.