South Strabane Township is proud to announce the launch of a glass recycling initiative. Residents may dispose of recyclable glass (no color-separation required) in the appropriately labeled dumpster within the parking area located behind the Municipal Building (550 Washington Road, Washington PA 15301). Materials such as plastic, cardboard, and metal(s) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Please observe the following tips to ensure the Township is compliant with the vendor's requirements.
- The dumpster and glass recycling service will be provided by Michael Brothers Hauling (901 Horning Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15236).
- Glass containers must be rinsed of any perishable debris prior to being recycled.
- Adhesive labels do not need to be removed from glass prior to being recycled.
- Plastic, cork, and bi-metal container lids must be removed prior to glass being recycled.
- Glass products such as mirrors, porcelain dishware, and light bulbs WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
The recycling area is under 24/7 video surveillance. Proper compliance with the aforementioned rules is essential for the continuance of this service. For any questions regarding the Township's glass recycling initiative please contact the Municipal Building by phone at 724-225-9055 or via email to email@example.com.