Join Our Fire Department
- Each new applicant is required to complete a hands on fundamental training program within the first three months of their probationary period.
- After completion of fundamental training new recruits will take a written test and score at least an 80% prior to being given clearance to answer calls.
- Every active fire fighter must attend at least 1 training session per month to retain their active fire fighting status. (If a fire fighter is unable to make training he/she may make up training with any officer to retain their active status.)
- Each New recruit must attend an Essentials of Firefighting class certified by state of Pennsylvania in the first year of their probation
- Each new fire fighter shall attend a fundamental fire fighting certified class within their first year of membership.
- Every firefighter shall be trained in Haz Mat first responder in order to respond to Haz Mat calls.
- Every firefighter trained to be an interior fire fighter must take a physical agility test at least once per year.
- Every fire fighter that responds to emergency's must have an annual refresher training on air packs
- Any member that has been absent from active firefighter service for a period of 4 months or longer shall be required to retake the fundamentals written exam and score 80% to be reinstated to answering fire calls.
- Drivers that have absented themselves for a period of 4 months or longer shall be required to have 3 hours of drivers training instruction prior to being placed back on drivers list.